Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gobble-Gobble, Y'all!!


It's Thanksgiving time again and I'm ready to get my Chef-Girl-R-T on!! That's right, I'm the Thanksgiving cook in my family and after a near year of feeling like I have no real importance in the work world, I'm looking forward to being the one upon whom the entire family Thanksgiving spread depends. And to get things started right, I came across this article about what the menu of the first Thanksgiving probably looked like. Did you know they probably had seal meat and lobster with their turkey? Oh no they di'int!!!
While the History Channel.com might have a leg up on what the first Thanksgiving might have looked like, I think I know what the first Thanksgiving might have sounded like:
Plymouth Colonist: This is a blessed feast!! Let us go around the table and give word of all the things we are thankful for on this joyous day. I'll go first! I'm thankful for no longer being a Prisoner of her Majesty and finding solace in this ripe land of America that the Indians are so graciously sharing with us.
Wampanoag Indian: Sharing? More like raping and pillaging, ya greedy bastage.
Plymouth Colonist: What?
Wampanoag Indian: What?
Plymouth Colonist: Exactly.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment